Equallogic: Upgrade firmware with error update failed – insufficient free space
When you are trying to upgrade the firmware on your Equallogic PS Series array you may get the following error: “update failed”. Reason: “Insufficient free space to expand kit; required xxMB, available: yyMB”.
A golden tip: If you are working in a production environment better call Equallogic Support, they can be really helpful.
For me the problem was solved following these steps:
- ftp to the location of the array
- Login using grpadmin and your <PASSWORD>
- When you are logged in and get ftp> at the front type in BIN
- After this action you can type in DIR
- You should see a bunch of files, I had to delete any .dgo and .core files to have sufficient space to update.
Any comments, remarks or information much appreciated